WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE
SINGLE SPINNERS SQUARE DANCE CLUB
The picture above was painted by our decorations chair, Sam Ames, for our party night, “Let’s Go Fly a Kite!” Just about every month on our party night, Sam paints a masterpiece for us! Sam is an artist and taught art for many years at a college in Rhode Island. Thank you very much, Sam, for sharing your gift with us! Come see what he paints for our next party night!
We are a singles’ square dance club in San Diego, California that welcomes singles, couples, families, and anyone else who wants to have a good time square dancing. We dance at the War Memorial Building in Balboa Park (north end of the Zoo parking lot, minutes from downtown San Diego). Scroll down to “OFFICERS/CONTACTS” if you need additional information about any of our activities, or to sign up for our newsletter. We hope you can join us!
Fun… Friends… Fitness…
… enjoy them all, through Square Dancing!
Enjoy the experience of dancing and moving to the music, even if you are not a great dancer!
Dancing in teams builds strong bonds between people!
A great place to meet and interact with other people!
Exercise for both the body and mind!
No experience necessary and no partner is required!
New Dancer Groups Starting!
Groups for new dancers are starting soon in various areas of the county. Check out these websites for more information:
· San Diego general area and South Bay: www.sdsda.org
· East San Diego County (El Cajon, Lakeside, and further east): www.backcountrysda.com
· North San Diego County (Poway, Del Mar, and further north): www.palomarsda.org
If you want to learn more about square dancing in general, go to www.you2candance.com. If you would like to join one of our new dancer groups, you are most welcome! Tell your friends! We hope to see you!
Look for us on Facebook!
our 45th Anniversary Dance!
Throw your friends in our jail!
Many door or special opportunity prizes donated!
WHEN? Saturday, June 1, 2019. Pre-rounds with Bill Hale from 6:00 pm to 7:00. Plus Squares with rounds with Bill, Steve Moore, and John Marus from 7:00 pm to 9:30.
WHERE? Recital Hall, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA
INFORMATION? Contact Lynn McCrary at 619-889-8941 or MccDnLyn@cox.net or John Marus at 619-470-7188 or <email@example.com>.
PRICE? $6.00 per person.
CLUB DANCE – Every Thursday evening. Call or email for the latest information.
War Memorial Building, 3325 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (click the link above for Google Maps location and directions).
· 6:30pm-8:00pm – New Dancer Group. Currently we are going through the Plus Program. Anyone who started a class in the fall of 2018 or earlier would be comfortable. Contact John Marus, our instructor, with any questions.
· 8:00pm-9:30pm – Experienced Dancers’ Dance (Plus Square Dancing). On our second Thursday party nights, Milton Alexander will join us with rounds and easy line dances!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
· MAY 30 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· JUNE 1 – SPECIAL DANCE! – Our 45th Anniversary Dance! See above for details.
· JUNE 13 – Party Night – “Flag Day” – Celebrate our flag with a great square dance! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· JUNE 27 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· JULY 4 – DARK – Celebrate Independence Day with friends and family.
· JULY 11 – DARK – The hall is busy with another event. Travel to another club this week!
· JULY 25 – Combined Party and Birthday Night – “Ice Cream and Blueberries” – It looks like we will be having blueberry cake – YUM! Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· AUGUST 8 – Party Night – “Picnic Month” – Come join us for a picnic! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· AUGUST 29 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· SEPTEMBER 12 – Party Night – “The CALLER did it!” – I have no idea what this theme is about. Come and find out! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· SEPTEMBER 26 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
OTHER FESTIVALS IN CALIFORNIA (and National Conventions) (out of date, temporarily)