WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE
SINGLE SPINNERS SQUARE DANCE CLUB
We are a singles’ square dance club in San Diego, California that welcomes singles, couples, families, and anyone else who wants to have a good time square dancing. We dance at the War Memorial Building in Balboa Park (north end of the Zoo parking lot, minutes from downtown San Diego). Scroll down to “OFFICERS/CONTACTS” if you need additional information about any of our activities, or to sign up for our newsletter. We hope you can join us!
Fun… Friends… Fitness…
… enjoy them all, through Square Dancing!
Enjoy the experience of dancing and moving to the music, even if you are not a great dancer!
Dancing in teams builds strong bonds between people!
A great place to meet and interact with other people!
Exercise for both the body and mind!
No experience necessary and no partner is required!
Groups for new dancers are starting soon in various areas of the county. Check out these websites for more information:
· San Diego general area and South Bay: www.sdsda.org
· East San Diego County (El Cajon, Lakeside, and further east): www.backcountrysda.com
· North San Diego County (Poway, Del Mar, and further north): www.palomarsda.org
If you want to learn more about square dancing in general, go to www.you2candance.com. If you would like to join one of our new dancer groups, you are most welcome! Tell your friends! We hope to see you!
Look for us on Facebook!
CLUB DANCE – Every Thursday evening, except the first Thursdays of most months. Call or email for the latest information.
War Memorial Building, 3325 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (click the link above for Google Maps location and directions).
· 6:30pm-8:00pm – New Dancer Group. This time is for newer dancers. If you are in a class somewhere else and would like to get more practice and instruction, you are most welcome. Our current group started in August 2017 and is in the Mainstream Program. Contact John Marus, our instructor, with any questions.
· 8:00pm-9:30pm – Experienced Dancers’ Dance (Plus Square Dancing). On our second Thursday party nights, Milton Alexander will join us with rounds and easy line dances!
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
· JANUARY 11 – Party Night – “Cookies and Milk” – A long-standing club tradition! Some cookies may even be baked fresh at the hall! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· JANUARY 25 -- Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· FEBRUARY 1 – DARK – No dance. The hall is closed.
· FEBRUARY 8 – Party Night – “Valentines’ Day” – Come and celebrate with your sweetie, or just come! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· FEBRUARY 22 – Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· MARCH 1 -- DARK – No dance. The hall is closed.
· MARCH 8 – Party Night – “Popcorn Lovers” – Come and sample various flavors of the favorite theater snack! Bring a toothpick. Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· MARCH 29 – Birthday Night – Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
· APRIL 5 -- DARK – No dance. The hall is closed.
· APRIL 9 – Party Night – “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” – Hopefully there is enough wind. We will have fun either way! Rounds and line dances with Milton Alexander.
· APRIL 26 – Birthday Night -- Celebrating birthdays and anniversaries for the month with cake and ice cream!
OTHER FESTIVALS IN CALIFORNIA (and National Conventions) (out of date, temporarily)